1. Before you can find a job, you need to put together a resume. An great resume will demonstrate your work experience and abilities. A resume is the first thing a potential employer will see – so stand out in your resume!
2. Next, you need to know what type of job you are looking for. Where do you want to work? What hours are you looking for? What industry do you want to be in?
3. Once you have your resume and know what to look for, you should contact people in your network. If you know someone at a company you are trying to apply – contact them! The best way to get your foot in the door is through someone you know.
4. Consider a recruiter. Recruiters, aside from having a very large network of companies, make finding a job a very simple process. They will help you will writing your resume, they will search for jobs and submit your resume to employers, they will assist in salary negotiations, and more. Recruiters have your best interests in mind and are there specifically to help you find a job!
5. Visit popular job search websites like Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com – see what jobs are available and apply to the jobs you are most interested in.
6. Don’t just apply to one job! Keep an open mind and keep your options open.