Senior Reliability Engineer
This leadership position is responsible to develop and execute Client’s Reliability Strategy with the goal of achieving best-in-class product reliability for our systems. This hands-on position will define and implement a comprehensive product reliability plan for each new product or product enhancement introduced. The goal is to produce dependable full mission capability for our customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Develop and implement methodologies and techniques to assess and enhance product reliability, on both subsystem and system level platforms.
2. Define & conduct testing strategies using Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) and Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) as required to verify design and manufacturing concepts.
3. Generate MTBF predictions for both electrical and mechanical wear out and to make recommendations to improve product reliability.
4. Analyze and verify design parameters using simulation and test tools. Recommend design and process changes to minimize reliability risks.
5. Execute system level and subsystem level reliability studies to verify compliance.
6. Select, procure and utilize the necessary reliability equipment needed to run Systems reliability laboratory.
7. Support various programs, as required by providing support to the design through the performance of design tradeoffs. Failure Mode & Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
• Fault tree analysis
• Reliability Prediction
• Weibull analysis
• Thermal management
• Reliability testing and Accelerated life testing.
8. Collection of FRACAS data and resolution of issues.
Working knowledge of the following specifications or equivalents:
• BELCORE Reliability standard and or MIL-HBK-217, IEC 60812, MIL STD 1629 (procedures for p
BS/MS in Reliability Engineering or Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 8-10 years’ directly related Reliability Engineering experience in the electo-mechanical or electro-optical industry. Working knowledge of Relex or other Reliability software. LABVIEW programming, PLC programming or script writing. Excel, block diagrams, fault trees, reliability graphs, hierarchical models, superior analytical and problem solving skills.